Friday 17 February 2012

Pre-mission thoughts (6 Feb 2012 am)

First page - always hard for a perfectionist!

I guess I want to capture my feeling, thoughts, prayers at this moment.

It's been a hard run-up and I've got down from all the people who have said it's mad (eg B) or told us all the dangers (eg M) - I feel sometimes that no-one can see the vision. But sometimes I begin to doubt whether I've done the right thing.

First of all we're going during a "crusade" week and so won't see many orphanages (the whole heart Lizzie has of being a teacher and carer for little ones). Then we're not on the same flight as Roy. Then realising that a week is too short. Maybe Lizzie is too young.

But it comes down to - am I trying to obey God?

Yes. I am David preparing Solomon to build the temple. I am trying to prepare Lizzie for her calling.

And are You in charge? In which case you will use this time for your glory and our good. You will use it to sew things into Lizzie's life - that couldn't be done otherwise.

Lord, I offer this trip to you - we are here for you - use us for Your glory (not mine).Realise also how I'm starting to treat it as "my" mission trip. eg How can I speak a word to the pastors [at the pastor's conference]?

The need to be important is large at the moment. I've lost sight of this being for Lizzie and of pouring myself out on the "insignificant".

I need Your help to encourage Lizzie to step forward and seize the opportunity. I need Your help to train her in ministering in the Spirit (and frankly I need Your help to know how to do it myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment