Friday 24 February 2012

Second visit to orphanage (Thu 9 Feb pm)

Visited the children today when the children were back from school.  Went by little yellow taxi (woo hoo) - but with only five of us in it - it just didn't feel right!!!


It's great to see the children so happy and healthy.  They are clearly well loved*.

Was asked (with about 2 mins warning) if I would like to talk to the children.  Some frantic praying and felt I was to talk about the upside down kingdom.  So stood on my head and asked them about who was most important in Jesus' upside-down kingdom.  We started with the First minister and then down to Enosh and Roy and then one of the strongest lads and one of the prettiest girls** - each time asking the children whether that was the most important person.  They quickly got into the game of it - saying "no!" each time.  Finally I picked up one of the smallest boys and said he would be the most important.  You could see them asking why.  So I said that who of them would've sat perched on the arms of a strange white man like this little boy?  It's because he simply trusts - that is why he is most important.

So great to do assemblies again and then we got to pray for and bless the children afterwards.

Sorry Lord that I was looking earthly praise from Roy and Enosh afterwards.  I have a gifting but I need to hear Your applause.  I need You to change me so I have just one desire: to please You.  But I need to hear You applause and delight so I don't look elsewhere.

*If you want to support them go to hope4india.org.uk - £15 a month is all it takes for their housing, food and schooling. 


**I don't think it was coincidence that when I chose a girl at random it was the one who probably didn't think of herself as pretty - I think God is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment